Web news sites are filled with announcements of the release of Mac OS X 10.8.1, the first minor update since the new version of Mac OS X was released a few weeks ago.
You can manually receive the updates using the Software Update Control Panel on your Mac or you might be prompted for the update automatically. A restart us required after installation.
• Resolve an issue that may cause Migration Assistant to unexpectedly quit
• Improve compatibility when connecting to a Microsoft Exchange server in Mail
• Address an issue playing audio through a Thunderbolt display
• Resolve an issue that prevents iMessages from being sent
• Resolve an issue when connecting to SMB servers with long names
• Address an issue that may cause the system to become unresponsive when using Pinyin input
Here are a few links from the around the web with further information:
You Can Grab Apple's First Mountain Lion Update Right Now (Updated) [Os X]
...10.8.1), and it's rumored to fix that problem for you. Here's the full list of what it includes: More »
from Gizmodo - 9:47 AM (2 hours ago)
Apple releases Mountain Lion OS X 10.8.1 with iMessage, Migration Assistant fixes
...OS X 10.8.1, the first security and maintenance update for its Mountain Lion operating system, featuring fixes for iMessage, Migration Assistant, and audio on Thunderbolt displays.
from AppleInsider - 8:42 AM (3 hours ago)
OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.1 update now available
...Mountain Lion 10.8.1, and the update is now available in the Mac App Store under the Updates tab. A manual installer is also available for download. In the support notes about the update, Apple recommends backing up your system before running the installer. A reboot is required in order to complete the update. The update includes a number of...
from TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog - 11:21 AM (45 minutes ago)