I do like the Toonpaint app on my iPhone a lot. It doesn't work well with every photo, but with the right lighting and background it can turn out some pretty near photo "toons".
Here are some of my Toonpaint pics from the past.
From the iTunes App Store...
"Even if you have never drawn or painted before, ToonPAINT sets you up for quick success by providing a "MagiSketch" that you can simply color-in. It's as easy as "paint-by-numbers", but using your own personal images. Unlike other photography apps, ToonPAINT is not just an image filter -- it's a smart-painting application that enables you to express your creativity and obtain compelling results without requiring you to take Art classes.
Simply import a photo, create an "automagic" sketch of the photo, color-in at your leisure, and you're done!"
Previously in "On my iPhone/Android…":
- Saga – The Essential Lifelogging App
- Donna Proactive Meeting Management
- Amazon Cloud Drive
- Clear To-Do Manager
- Over for iOS
- Any.DO To-Do List Manager
- Feedly RSS Reader
- Sleep Time by Azumio
- Angry Birds Seasons
- Trickle Passive Twitter Client
- Stitcher Radio - Podcast management and playback
- Kindle Reader
- iMap Weather Radio
- LiveStrong CalorieTracker
- Facebook/Facebook Pages Manager/Facebook Messenger
- Waze social GPS traffic and more
"On my iPhone…" is a new series from TechnologyIQ, sharing real world examples of how I use my iPhone, interesting apps and more